- Genetic tests are always preceded by a pre-test genetic examination carried out by the doctors of our Cardiogenetics Service.
- To carry out this visit with the NHS, it is necessary to present the prescription of your general practitioner with the wording “genetic visit for suspected family heart disease“.
- For the execution of genetic tests with the NHS, the SSN prescription that will be made needs to be:
- Directly from the Doctor of our Cardiogenetics Service only in the case of Patients residing in the Lombardy Region
- By your own doctor in case of extra-region patients (according to specific regional regulations)
- Informed consent is required to perform genetic tests, which will be signed during the pre-test genetic examination
- The delivery of the reports will be carried out during the post-test genetic examination, which will be organized directly by the doctors of the Cardiogenetics Service.
- Normally the test result is available within 6 months of the test.
- If the genetic test is positive, it will also be possible to study the patient’s family members (this decision will be made during the post-test genetic examination).
- Genetic test results in family members are generally available within 2 months.
For more information on how to access the Cardiogenetics Service and to make an appointment, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02-5277-4298.
Genetic visits and samples for genetic analysis are carried out at the Cardiogenetics Service, located on the 5th floor, Corpo A, Policlinico San Donato.
If you want to know more >Cardiogenetics